Visit 3 Tuscan villages in a day
A relaxing trip with a gourmet theme
Experience the beauty of Tuscany leaving from Rome
Leave Rome for a day to discover Tuscany and Val d'Orcia.
With your guide, you will leave Rome on an air-conditioned bus and head to the village of Montepulciano, perched upon a mountain. You will stop in this small, quaint town to admire Etruscan wells and medieval cellars, which are still in use today. You will have free time to wander around the town.
Once back on the bus, the tour continues to the Montalcino vineyards. See Tuscan vineyards before visiting the Sant Biagio abbey. Your guide show you around the Gregorian abbey, and you will have the chance to hear monks sing.
The next stop is at a Tuscan farm located out of town, where you'll stop for a lunch composed of three local dishes served alongside local wine. The dishes you will savour are made with regional products, giving you a great insight on Tuscan cuisine! After your meal, you will participate in a tasting session, during which you can try one of the best wines in Italy, the region's pride and joy: Brunello di Montalcino.*
After the lunch and tasting break, your Tuscan excursion will take you to the town of Pienza. This UNESCO World Heritage Site was created by Pope Pius II as a "utopian village". With free time and a map, you can discover the monuments of Pienza at your own pace and find some Pecorino, the famous local Italian cheese.
At the end of your free time, you will board your bus again to return to Rome in the evening.
Excessive drinking is bad for your health. Please drink responsibly.
- Availability (excluding exceptional dates)
Summer: Monday to Saturday
Winter: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Departure point: Piazza del Popolo
- This activity is not accessible for people with reduced mobility
- Appropriate clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is required to enter religious sites
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- The lunch menu is not defined in advance, but you will get to see it on the day of your activity. If you have specific requests, please inform us before your tour
- Any participant who is under the influence of alcohol, drugs or who behaves in a way that could disrupt the excursion will be denied access. In this case, no refund will be given
- Maximum group size: 25 people
- Please note that itinerary and venues visited might vary according to season and availability, always offering the same inclusions
- Bus transport
- Guided tour of Montepulciano
- An English-speaking guide during the entire day
- Use of earphones if required
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Purchases made during your tour
- All food and drink outside of your lunch and wine tasting
- Tips (optional)
- Any other extras